The Omega Internal Chamber gun locking system is designed to help you keep your firearm stored in a safe condition. This lock does not relieve the handler of the firearm from always paying strict attention to gun safety rules. For protection from theft, the use of a safe or other secure system designed to secure your firearms is recommended. Always observe all of these warnings and instructions when using this gun lock.
· READ THE OWNERS MANUALS SUPPLIED WITH YOUR FIREARM & LOCK.
· KEEP FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION STORED SEPARATELY AND SECURELY.
· KEEP FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
· THIS LOCK IS FOR USE AS AN AID TO YOUR SAFETY MEASURES. GUN LOCKS ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR SAFE FIREARM HANDLING AND STORAGE. SAFETY AND SAFE FIREARMS HANDLING IS EVERYONE’S RESPONSIBILITY. Do not dry fire the chamber locks, as damage could occur to the lock, voiding the warrantee.
The use of the Omega chamber lock will help prevent your firearm from being used (discharged) by unauthorized persons. This lock is not designed to prevent theft. Strict safety practices should always be followed even when your gun is locked. Note: Your Omega chamber lock is custom designed to fit only the caliber you purchased it to lock. Only use this chamber lock on the designated automatic handgun caliber(s). This lock is not designed for use on multiple firearms.
WARNING: Do not over tighten the lock. Do not leave the lock expanded outside of the firearm. These actions may void the warranty.
WARNING: NEVER INSTALL GUN LOCK ON A LOADED FIREARM.
WARNING: STORE THE GUN LOCK KEY IN A SEPARATE LOCATION FROM YOUR FIREARM. ALL FIREARMS SHOULD BE STORED AWAY FROM CHILDREN.
WARNING: IF GUN LOCK OR KEY BECOMES DAMAGED IN ANY WAY DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE ON FIREARM. REFER TO GUARANTEE SECTION FOR REPLACEMENT INFORMATION.
CAUTION: NEVER STORE LOCK WITH ITS RINGS EXPANDED (IN THE LOCKED, TIGHTENED POSITION) OUTSIDE THE FIREARM, AS DAMAGE COULD OCCUR, VOIDING THE WARRANTY..
NOTE: MAKE CERTAIN LOCK IS CLEAN AND FREE OF DIRT OR OIL AFTER EACH USE. THIS MAINTAINS THE LIFE OF THE LOCK.
Omega warrants the Lock is free from defects in material and workmanship. The Lock meets the requirements of California Penal Code § 12088.1, as of January 1, 2002, for a firearms safety device for the type of firearm identified on the packaging of the Lock. In addition, if the Lock is damaged as a result of unauthorized use, Omega will replace it free of charge. Simply send the damaged Lock to Omega along with your name, address and $4.95 per Lock for postage and handling. This warranty extends for the life of the Lock. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
Disclaimer of Warranties
There are no warranties which extend beyond the face of this limited warranty. Omega disclaims all other warranties, express or implied, regarding the Lock, including any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. No gun lock offers complete protection against the accidental or intentional misuse of firearms. Given sufficient time, energy or tools, any locking device can be compromised.
Limitation of Remedies
Your exclusive remedy if the Lock is defective is limited to the repair or re-placement of the defective Lock. Send the defective Lock to Omega along with your name and address. Omega will send you a new or repaired Lock. If Omega does not repair or replace a defective Lock, Seller will refund the purchase price of the defective Lock.
Limitation of Damages
Omega’s entire liability for any defective Lock shall in no event exceed the purchase price for the defective Lock. This limitation applies even if Omega cannot or does not repair or replace any defective Lock and your exclusive remedy fails of its essential purpose.
No Consequential or Other Damages
Omega has no liability for general, consequential, incidental or special damages, including any damages arising out of the owner’s or another person’s personal injury or loss of life. Some states do not allow exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the limitations above may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
If you have a claim under this warranty please contact us at: Omega Safety Systems, Inc., P.O. Box 1517, Idyllwild, CA 92549, Tel: 1-866-659-4412. When you contact us, please provide us with your name, address, telephone number, and a brief description of the problem with the Lock that you are having.
Firearm Safety Device Safety Tips
1. All firearms should always be assumed to be loaded and should be handled as such.
2. Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the firearm you are using.
3. Don’t rely on your gun’s "safety."
4. Keep firearms pointed in a safe direction at all times, even when unloaded.
5. Store firearms unloaded, locked, and in an out-of-sight location out of the reach of children.
6. Store ammunition separately under lock and key.
7. Store gun lock key in a place separate from the gun.
8. Gun locks are not a substitute for safe firearm handling and storage.
9. Safety and safe firearms handling is everyone’s responsibility.
10. Teach children basic principles of firearm safety. When encountering a gun: DO NOT TOUCH IT! TELL AN ADULT!
Laws concerning firearms ownership, storage and handling vary among states and local jurisdictions. Learn and comply with your state and local laws and those of any jurisdiction to which you plan to transport or use firearms.